If you think eating healthy for weight loss has to be time consuming and expensive, then you’re going to love this recipe. You’ll ensure a flavorful dish by browning the meat, but once it’s brown the slow cooker makes getting this dinner on the table fast and easy.
Crock-Pot Beef and Carrots Au Jus is from the eMeals Portion Control for 2 Meal Plan, which syncs with today’s popular portion control weight loss programs. The plan helps you balance nutrition, time and budget so you can succeed in your weight loss goals and create meals that will please your entire family.
eMeals’ Portion Control Meal Plan is just one of many meal plans available to Everyday Cheapskate subscribers at a reduced price. Take advantage of eMeals special offer of 15 percent off an eMeals’ membership. Use coupon code DebtProofLiving when checking out at eMeals.com.
- ¾ pound lean London broil, cut into 3 equal pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- ½ pound carrots, peeled and sliced
- ½ package (0.6 ounce) au jus gravy mix
- ½ cup fat-free beef broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat a medium skillet coated with cooking spray over high heat.
- Add beef and brown on all sides.
- Place onion slices carrots in crock-pot, and top with beef.
- Combine gravy mix, broth, garlic, and pepper; pour over beef.
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or until meat and veggies are tender.
Question: What’s your favorite healthy recipe for your slow cooker? Share it here.
Subscribe to email updates today and you’ll receive a link to download my brand new e-book, The Best of Everyday Cheapskate, FREE.
You’ll enjoy excerpts from each of my bestselling e-books to help you get onboard with saving time and money every day!