I’ve been using Instant Pot for a couple of years now. Somedays I wonder how I ever got along without it. It has earned a prominent place on my kitchen counter—a privilege enjoyed by few other items because I prefer for my counters to be clear open spaces.
My Instant Pot is now considered elderly, having been replaced by the newest generation of Instant Pots, DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Programmable model (about $130). It’s a honey and I’m battling my feelings of need vs. want.
While my older version replaces seven kitchen appliances, this baby takes that number to nine! Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer. Wow!
Recently, I’ve been on an egg kick. Granted making eggs isn’t such a big deal. Fry, scramble, poach, or boil, right? But who knew you could all of those things, but so much more with eggs in a pressure cooker?
Once you hard boil eggs in your Instant Pot chances are good you’ll never go back to the old method again. Or poach them. No more runny egg whites dropped into boiling water for me! And there are so many ways to prepare eggs beyond hard cooking and poaching. Here are some of my current favorite egg recipes.
INSTANT POT CHEESY EGGS
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- optional add-ins: onion, red pepper, spinach, mushrooms, green onions
- Chop up bacon into small pieces then add to Instant Pot set to “Sauté” and cook until crispy.
- Add any extra veggies that you would like and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add in frozen hash browns and stir until slightly thawed, about two minutes.
- Grease a heatproof 1 1/2 quart casserole dish (this one is perfect) that will fit into your Instant Pot.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper in a separate bowl and then add bacon and veggie mixture from Instant Pot.
- Pour all into the prepared heatproof casserole dish.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot and set the metal trivet inside. Place heatproof bowl with egg mixture on top of the trivet.
- Lock lid of Instant Pot. Close the vent and set to High Pressure for 20 minutes with a quick release at the end.
- Carefully remove from Instant Pot. Loosen edges with a knife then dump out onto a large plate, or serve straight from the dish.
- Serve with green onions and extra shredded cheese! Yield: 4 servings.
INSTANT POT CRUSTLESS QUICHE
- 6 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cooked ground sausage
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Put the metal trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and add 1 cup water.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add bacon, sausage, ham, green onions, and cheese to a 1 to 1 1/2 quart soufflé dish (this one is perfect for this recipe, too) and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of the meat and stir to combine.
- Loosely cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Place the dish on the trivet in the pressure cooking pot. Lock lid in place.
- Select High Pressure and 30 minutes cook time. When timer beeps, turn off, wait 10 minutes, then use a quick release.
- Carefully open the lid, lift out the dish and remove the foil. If desired, sprinkle the top of the quiche with additional cheese and broil until melted and lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
INSTANT POT MINI FRITTATAS
- 4 slices turkey bacon chopped, uncooked
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small red potato, small diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, small diced
- 1/2 small onion, small diced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
Place turkey bacon on bottom of three heat-proof ramekins.
Add diced vegetables on top of the bacon.
Mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour the eggs over the veggies. Then sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Cover each ramekin with foil, place them on the trivet with 1 cup of water on the bottom. Cook 10 minutes on High Pressure. Once done, release the pressure using the quick release method. Remove carefully, serve, and enjoy! Yield: 3 servings
INSTANT POT MEXICAN CASSEROLE
- 8 large eggs, well-beaten
- 1 pound mild, ground sausage
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped finely
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup Cotija cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- sour cream, cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Set Instant Pot to “Sauté.” Add sausage and onion. Cook for six minutes or until onions are translucent and sausage is browned.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and eggs by mixing well. Mix flour with eggs until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and onions right into the Instant Pot.
- Add chopped vegetables, beans and cheeses, reserving a bit of the mozzarella cheese for garnish.
- Place the lid on Instant Pot and lock in place.
- Set to High Pressure and 20 minutes. When the time is up, use quick release.
- Take the casserole out of the pressure cooker this way: Lifted the inner pot out of the Instant Pot and then put a plate on top of the inner pot and carefully it upside down so the casserole drops onto the plate.
- Garnish with the mozzarella you have reserved, cilantro and sour cream as desired. Allow to stand for a few minutes until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
There are affiliate links in this post. If you click through and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.