https://www.everydaycheapskate.com/wp-content/uploads/salsa-pico-de-gallo-1.jpg 375 500 Mary Hunt https://www.everydaycheapskate.com/wp-content/uploads/EC-Logo-by-Mary-Hunt-Tagline-Trimmed.png Mary Hunt2023-04-29 09:09:452023-05-02 08:09:03Mary’s Famous Pico de Gallo Recipe
Please keep your comments positive, encouraging, helpful, brief,
Pico de Gallo
And now in follow-up to an earlier post, Compulsive Chopper. Many of you requested my recipe for salsa that you see in the photos, made using my lovely Chop Wizard. Here you go …
- 12 Roma tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 bell pepper (green, yellow or red) (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, only the juice and zest
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded, chopped finely to taste
- 1 pinch garlic powder optional
- 1 pinch ground cumin optional
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn ground black pepper
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl. Stir.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serve. Repeat often. Enjoy!
Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 498mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1587IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg