Peach Freezer Jam
Peach Freezer Jam
When they're in season, peaches are plentiful and relatively cheap,too. But the season is short. What to do with all those ripe peaches? Make jam ... freezer jam! So easy.Print Pin
Servings: 64 tbsp
- 3 cups fresh, fully ripe peaches about 2 lbs
- 1 ¼ cups granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1.75 oz box Sure-Jell Fruit Pectin
- Three or four 8-oz. glass jars with lids or plastic containers with lids. Make sure they are clean and dry. Set aside.
- Peel, pit and coarsely chop the peaches
- Place the peaches in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until you reach a chunky puree. (Don't have a food processor? Use a potato masher to mash them up in a large bowl.) You need exactly 3 cups of puree.
- Pour the puree into in a large bowl. Add the sugar, gradually, stirring until dissolved.
- Stir in the lemon juice. Allow sitting until the sugar is no longer grainy, fully dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, add the pectin and water to a small saucepan. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for one minute, while stirring. Remove from heat.
- Add pectin mixture to peaches. Stir for about 3 mins. The mixture will thicken slightly.
- Spoon the jam into clean jars or other containers,with tight-fitting lids, making sure you leave about 1/2-inch of space at the top of the jar to allow for expansion in the freezer.
- Allow the jars to sit at room temperature for 1 hour or longer to set. Store the jam in the refrigerator or the freezer. The jam will last in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 weeks and in the freezer for up to a year.
NOTE: If while sitting and prior to freezing, the jam seems to separate, re-stir and keep stirring until combined. This may happen if the sugar and pectin are not completely dissolved.
Serving: 1tbsp | Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 14mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 24IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg