Mediterranean Pasta Salad
You can use any type of small pasta for this salad, even orzo or tortellini. The flavors intensify and blend more if chilled for several hours, if you have the time.
- 8 ounces pasta cooked, drained, and cooled
- 12 ounces quartered marinated artichoke hearts with liquid
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced black olives
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Drain the artichokes and reserve the liquid. In a small bowl whisk garlic, basil and olive oil into the artichoke liquid. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Combine the pasta, artichokes, tomatoes, olives, and cheese in a large bowl.
In a small bowl whisk garlic, basil and olive oil into the artichoke liquid. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the dressing over the pasta. Toss to coat evenly and serve at room temperature or chill for up to a day before serving.