Slow Cooker Shredded Barbecue Chicken
If you love a good pulled chicken barbecue sandwich, this recipe is going to knock your socks off! It’s tender, moist, and perfectly seasoned—a great solution for any busy cook who longs to serve authentic, pulled chicken (pork or beef) barbecue.
- 4 lbs chicken breasts boneless, skinless (NOTE 1)
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp vinegar any type
- 1 tspn cumin
- 28 oz. bottled barbecue sauce
Place chicken, water, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and cumin in slow cooker set on “Low.”
Cook for 6 hours.
Shred chicken right in the slow cooker using two forks to pull it all apart.
Pour in barbecue sauce, stir to combine.
Cook on “Low” for an additional hour.
Serving Suggestion: Serve on buns with coleslaw. Serves 8-10.
- Can substitute boneless pork or beef.
- Use any bottled barbecue sauce of your choosing.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a tightly closed container for up to a week.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 1076mg | Potassium: 896mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 232IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg