Pico de Gallo
And now in follow-up to an earlier post, Compulsive Chopper. Many of you requested my recipe for salsa that you see in the photos, made using my lovely Chop Wizard. Here you go …
- 12 Roma tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 green bell pepper (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, only the juice and zest
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded, chopped to taste
- 1 pinch garlic powder optional
- 1 pinch ground cumin optional
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn ground black pepper
Put all of the ingredients in a bowl. Stir.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Serve. Repeat often. Enjoy!
Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 498mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1587IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg