Orange Chicken Spinach Salad with Feta
The tender, yummy, orange chicken is prepared in your slow cooker then assembled into an awesome summer salad (or any time of year!).
- 3 pounds bone-in split chicken breasts
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 10 ounces baby spinach, more or less
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons cumbled Feta cheese, more or less
- ½ cup bottled vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 10.5 ounces mandarin orange segments, drained
Remove and discard skin from chicken and sprinkle with garlic, thyme, and salt. Place chicken in 3.5- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add juice and vinegar. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or on high for 3 to 3.5 hours.
Remove chicken from cooker; cover and keep warm. Discard cooking juices.
In a large salad bowl toss together the greens, tomatoes, olives, orange segments, and Feta cheese. Slice chicken from bones; discard bones Arrange sliced chicken on salad. Drizzle with dressing. Servings: 6.
Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 341mg | Potassium: 723mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4725IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 3mg