Sweet Restaurant-Style Coleslaw
If you've ever wished you could duplicate the coleslaw served at popular fried chicken or fish restaurants, here's your dream-come-true. It's excellent with burgers or on top of pulled pork sandwiches, too. Or all by itself.
Cost: About $2.
- 1 pound green cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet onion
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ⅔ cup Miracle Whip, or mayonnaise is a fine substitute
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, or white vinegar
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onion, and carrot.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together Miracle Whip or mayonnaise, oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper and poppy seeds.
Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 338mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 985IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg