Mary's Famous Broccoli Salad
This is one of those recipes of mine that's been around for so long, no one knows for sure where it came from, but everyone loves it. So go ahead. Feel free to call it your own and let it make you famous, too.
- 5 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, or other nuts
Toss the broccoli, raisins and onion in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and pepper. Toss the dressing with the broccoli mixture.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, toss with the bacon and sunflower seeds.