Who doesn’t wince at the thought of throwing out food that’s past its prime? Take bread for example. It’s no longer fresh. It’s hard and dried out. Tossing it in the garbage may seem like the only thing to do. But wait!
Provided it hasn’t begun to grow mold, you really can turn leftover bread, rolls, or baguettes into something deliciously awesome.
- In a bowl, beat together 2 eggs, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 2/3 cup milk.
- Soak 6 slices stale bread in the mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place bread in the pan and cook on both sides until golden.
- Serve with butter and syrup.