Slow cooked taste doesn’t always require a lot of prep time. And eMeals’ Quick Crock Pot Three-Bean Chili is a great example. Prepare this in the morning and a thoroughly satisfying meal will be ready by dinnertime.
eMeals’ Publix Meal Plan is just one of many meal plans available to Everyday Cheapskate subscribers at a reduced price. Take advantage of eMeals special offer of 15 percent off an eMeals’ membership. Use coupon code DebtProofLiving when checking out at eMeals.com.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 sweet medium onion, chopped
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional Toppings:
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the meat and onion; cook, stirring to crumble, until browned.
- Transfer the meat and onions to a crock pot.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, water, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Question: What’s your favorite “quick” slow-cooked recipe? Share it here.