Gifting friends, family, co-workers teachers and others with a jar of your own signature luxury hand and body lotion will definitely put you on the map. It’s that good. And what better time than this weekend to get a head start on Christmas gifts.
Not particularly crafty? No worries. If you can assemble, empty, stir and mix well, you’ve got what it takes to make dozens of these gifts start to finish in a single evening. And the best part? About $3.50 per gift, depending on where you buy the ingredients and containers.
Here’s the routine: Purchase the specific ingredients, mix them together, divide between your choice of small containers, apply a label or gift tag, embellish with a ribbon and there you go. Done and in no time flat.
To make this lovely hand and body lotion you’ll need:
- Any 8-oz tube Bath & Body Works Ultra Shea Body Cream. Again, this year, I’m using Bath & Body Works’ fragrance, A Thousand Wishes because it is fabulous.
- Any brand 4-oz. jar Vitamin E cream.
- Any brand 18-oz. fragrance-free baby lotion.
- Any brand 32-oz. fragrance-free hand lotion.
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer or hand whisk
- Gallon-size zip-type or another plastic bag
1. Empty the five ingredients into the large mixing bowl.
2. Using an electric hand mixer or whisk, whip together until well incorporated, about five minutes.
3. Fill a large zip-type bag with the whipped lotion. Close the top. Using scissors, snip off a small portion of one of the bottom corners to create a simple “piping” bag.
4. Fill jars or containers of choice by gently squeezing the bag so the lotion extrudes from the snipped corner. I use these 4-oz. plastic jars in cobalt blue with black lids.
5. Give your signature lotion a name. Create small labels or tags with your message of choice.
6. Embellish as desired.
That’s it. Beautiful, homemade gifts that will be so well-received because you have just created a very high-quality lotion. Because all of the ingredients except for the shea body cream are unscented or nearly so, your lotion will have a very light, subtle scent—certainly not overpowering or offensive. Simply lovely.
This recipe as stated, yields about 16 4-oz. jars of fine hand and body lotion. Your mileage may vary depending on how long and vigorously you whip the lotion. Be careful to not make it too fluffy. I find that no more than five minutes is ideal.
You may also enjoy:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites.