Our friends at eMeals sent me the perfect menu for one last summer supper. Soon enough we’ll be fixing heartier fare and cranking up the thermostat. But until then, let’s squeeze out one last summer meal.
If you haven’t joined eMeals, what are you waiting for? Their meal plans and store-specific grocery lists are a big hit with my readers. And eMeals is generously offering EC readers 15 percent off an eMeals’ membership. Use coupon code debtproofliving when checking out at eMeals.com.
I’m excited to tell you that you could win a FREE six-month subscription to eMeals dinner and lunch meal plan! eMeals is sponsoring a special contest for Everyday Cheapskate readers. Here is all you have to do for your chance to win:
But hurry! The winner will be selected on Monday, September 24, 2012 at 4:00 pm PT.
UPDATE: Congratulations to our winner AngieB1977 who won a free six-month subscription to eMeals dinner and lunch meal plan!
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- whole wheat tortillas
- 1 can black beans, drained, rinsed and heated
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- cilantro, to taste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Spread a thin layer of brown rice down the center of a tortilla.
- Top with black beans, avocado, cheese and cilantro.
- Fold in sides of tortilla and then roll to make burrito.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- To make the salsa, combine tomatoes, onion and garlic in a small bowl.
- Add cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt.
- Garnish the top of each burrito with desired amount of salsa.
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- olive oil
- Combine strawberries and blackberries in a medium bowl.
- Add mint, olive oil and salt.
- Toss gently and serve.