Turkey leftovers are my favorite. The possibilities for amazing turkey dishes are endless. But let’s face it, it’s nice to take a little break from turkey over this long weekend.
When eMeals sent me this recipe, I wanted to run right home and make it. It combines two things I love: lasagna and soup. But who would have thought of Lasagna Soup? eMeals that’s who, and I love it! It’s easy, hearty and uses ingredients that are a staple in my pantry.
But if you’re on a turkey blitz this weekend, just save this recipe for next week. I know you’re going to enjoy it anytime.
If you haven’t joined eMeals, what are you waiting for? Their meal plans and store-specific grocery lists are a big hit with my readers. And eMeals is generously offering EC readers 15 percent off an eMeals’ membership. Use coupon code DebtProofLiving when checking out at eMeals.com.
- Lasagna Cheese Soup
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 32-ounce carton chicken broth
- 2 14.5-ounce cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broken lasagna noodles (about 1-inch pieces)
- 1 5-ounce package shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large stockpot, combine ground chuck, onion, and garlic
- Cook over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until beef is browned. Drain well.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add noodles, and simmer until noodles are tender.
- Stir in cheese just before serving.
Question: What’s your favorite recipe using turkey leftovers? Tell us here.